SPOT 127 Students
July 21, 2017
The week after America celebrated the 4th of July, SPOT 127 embarked on the Freedom Project: a podcast workshop in partnership with Dr. Wanda Tucker, Rio Salado College's faculty chair for Psychology, Philosophy and Religious Studies. The workshop was supported by a grant from the MAXIMUS Foundation. Students explored such diverse topics related to the freedom as memes and social media, self-imprisonment, dress codes and finding one's own happiness. They shared their podcasts at a Listening Party at SPOT 127 East on Friday, July 14.
- Dress Codes -- Unfair, Unjust or Sexist?
- Memes and Freedom of Expression
- Students Draw the Line Between Teen Bullying and the First Amendment
- Mental Health Issues Can Negatively Impact Internal Freedoms
- Have You Found Your Own Happiness?
- How Do You Define Happiness?
- As Minors, Are We Still Free If There Are Restrictions On Our Freedom?