Giving Through A Will, Trust or Estate Plan
Your charitable gift to SPOT 127 through a will, trust or estate plan can play a meaningful role in the future of KJZZ’s Youth Media Center and perpetuate your life values. Making your final wishes known is the perfect gift for your family. For more information on how to make a difference, download our charitable giving brochure.
To include SPOT 127 in your estate plans, please direct your funds to: “Friends of Public Radio Arizona (FPRAZ). These funds are to be used to support (list SPOT 127) at the discretion of the FPRAZ board and station leadership.” You may further specify your bequest to one of our on-going projects. Please contact us to discuss the language that would best meet your needs to be sure we are able to apply the bequest in accordance with your wishes. For your information, FPRAZ is the entity that stewards all charitable gifts to SPOT 127.
Every dollar given to FPRAZ through a bequest or other the testamentary gift is fully deductible for federal estate tax purposes when certain legal requirements are met. An estate tax deduction is allowed for a deferred bequest to FPRAZ even though the bequest provides income benefits to individual beneficiaries.
The tax ID for FPRAZ is #01-0579687.
Due to the fluid nature of the estate tax law, it is difficult to make definitive statements about the estate tax deduction available for charitable gifts made by a will. Please check with your advisor to see how the current law affects your estate plan.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Do you have an IRA? Have you reached the age of 70 1/2? You can make a tax-free contribution of up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to SPOT 127 each year and lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. Your IRA gift to SPOT 127 will count towards your minimum required distribution and help SPOT 127 empower high school students to develop skills in digital media, radio, and journalism.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Simply contact your IRA plan administrator and request that an amount be transferred directly to Friends of Public Radio Arizona.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Full Legal Name: Friends of Public Radio Arizona
- For the Benefit of: SPOT 127
- Address: PO Box 62228, Phoenix, Arizona 85082-2228
- Federal Tax I.D. Number: 01-0579687
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
Attention: Contributions from an IRA Charitable Rollover will not qualify for your Arizona Charitable Tax Credit. It is wise to consult with your tax professionals if you are contemplating a charitable gift under the extended law. Please feel free to contact Brian Fergus at (480) 774-8460 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.